The Fredonia Baptist Church, or at times called the Fredonia Baptist Society or the Baptist Society of Pomfret, was formed in 1808. Zattu Cushing was the founder, and his barn was the first meeting house. The society built a wooden structure on the present site in the early 1820s. It served until 1852 when the present brick building was erected. Today's address is 19 Church St, Fredonia, NY 14063.
Book D of the Fredonia Baptist Church records is a large (10" by 15"), leather-bound volume of minutes of church meetings and lists of members from 1870 to 1915. The minutes are signed by the various church clerks of the period. During this era, the church was known as the First Baptist Church in Pomfret.