The Fredonia Baptist Church, or at times called the Fredonia Baptist Society or the Baptist Society of Pomfret, was formed in 1808. Zattu Cushing was the founder, and his barn was the first meeting house. The society built a wooden structure on the present site in the early 1820s. It served until 1852 when the present brick building was erected. Today's address is 19 Church St, Fredonia, NY 14063.
The selected group listed here dates from 1809 and extends through 1841. The list was transcribed by Lois Barris and Dick Sheil from Fredonia Baptist Church Record Book B. It was published in The Chautauqua Genealogist, Vol. 29, No. 1 (February 2006).